What is spinal decompression?
Spinal decompression is the use of traction therapy to create a distraction (separation) between the vertebrae.
How does traction provide pain relief and aid healing?
Research shows that spinal decompression provides the optimum state for intra-spinal healing:
- Pressure on your vertebra, spinal discs and nerves are relieved
- the flow of fluids around your discs are increased
- This further reduces pressure on your vertebra, spinal discs and nerves thus providing ongoing pain relief
- The increased nutrient enriched fluids and reduced pressure also enable the discs to rehydrate, further separating the vertebrae and providing further relief
- Experts agree that water between collagen fibrils serves as a form cellular transport, which is critical to natural healing. This fluid also allows for greater extensibility.
What conditions can I use it for?
- Degeneration of vertebra
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ruptured discs
- Prolapsed discs
- Bulging discs (herniated discs)
- Pinched nerves
- Back stiffness
- General lower back pain
Unfortunately immobilisation, injury and plain old ageing leads to a loss of the natural hydration process. If the daily use of your muscles becomes greater than the body’s natural recuperative capabilities, the back will progressively become more painful and back stiffness will ensue.
How does Nubax create traction?
Whilst being held symmetrically at the waist and shoulders, your body is suspended over a common pivot point. As gravity gradually forces the waist and the shoulders apart, your back is stretched in a firm and controlled manner.
When using the Nubax® Trio, the shoulders and hips are correctly aligned with the spine. The Nubax® Trio allows you to have a safe and effective means of traction in your own home or between clinic visits, simply by utilizing the user’s own body weight.
Use of the Nubax® Trio is also effective when combined with other treatments and therapies, as specified by your healthcare provider.
How often do I need to use the Nubax?
You will gain the most benefit from using the Nubax® Trio for 2-3 minutes, 2-3 times a day, although the device can be used safely more frequently if you wish.
Can I use the Nubax if I am particularly tall/ short?
Yes, it is adjustable to accommodate all shapes and sizes.
Will I need to hang upside down?
No, unlike other traction devices, there is no need to invert.
How long before I receive my Nubax?
In most countries we can get our product to you in 7 – 10 Days.
Does Nubax ship worldwide?
Yes. Nubax ships worldwide. Find your country on the checkout page and the available shipping options will be displayed.